Accelerating Impacts of CGIAR Climate Research for Africa (AICCRA) is a project being implement in Africa to help deliver a climate-smart African future driven by science and innovation in agriculture. It is led by the Alliance of Bioversity International and Centre for International Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) and supported by a grant from the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank.
The Project Development Objective is to strengthen the technical, institutional, and human capacity needed to enhance transfer of climate-relevant information, decision-making tools, and technologies in support of scaling efforts in IDA-eligible countries in Africa. The project is structured into 4 major components and comprises of:
- Component 1 - Knowledge generation and sharing
- Component 2 - Strengthen partnership for delivery
- Component 3 - Validating climate-smart agriculture innovations through piloting
The implementation of AICCRA project involves multiple stakeholders with diverse interest, influence, and receipt of project effects.
In light this, the AICCRA project has prepared eight Stakeholder Engagement Plans (SEPs) for its six focal countries and two regional clusters to facilitate meaningful information disclosure and stakeholder engagements.
The Project has also prepared a Grievance Mechanism (GM) to guide the receipt, management, and resolution of complaints and questions from project affected persons and stakeholders.
The SEPs and the GM prepared are in accordance with the Environmental and Social Standard 10 (ESS-10) on Stakeholder Engagement and Information Disclosure of the World Bank’s Environmental and Social Framework (ESF).
In line with the foregoing, a NOTICE is hereby served on the public that the following Grievance Mechanism and Stakeholder Engagement Plans are published and electronically available here.
- AICCRA Grievance Mechanism
- AICCRA Ethiopia Stakeholder Engagement Plan
- AICCRA Kenya Stakeholder Engagement Plan
- AICCRA Zambia Stakeholder Engagement Plan
- AICCRA Ghana Stakeholder Engagement Plan
- AICCRA Senegal Stakeholder Engagement Plan (English and French versions)
- AICCRA Mali Stakeholder Engagement Plan (English and French versions)
- AICCRA West Africa Stakeholder Engagement Plan
- AICCRA Eastern and Southern Africa Stakeholder Engagement Plan.
These documents will also be disclosed at the website of the World Bank.
This notice is issued by Adams Kwaw, AICCRA Senior Environmental and Social Safeguards Specialist. For further enquiries and submissions about this disclosure, please contact him via:
Phone: +223 245132714